Let me just start out with saying that I was really, really excited about this challenge as one of the cats I own is a Bengal Leopard! I was quite intrigued about this soap, but was also a little nervous. It looked fantastic in my head when I was planning it out, but then the soap cutting revealed something totally, completely different. The whole thing was a fail. I am disappointed, but it is still usable so I will carry on and attempt the leopard spot soap another time.
I decided to use a citrus mint blend essential oil blend that smelled great….until 24 hours later when I cut it. It doesn’t smell bad, you just can’t smell the mint part. Since I was using essential oils, I wanted to keep my colours natural as well so I used charcoal powder for the black and cocoa powder for the brown. I wanted to try and keep it to the original leopard colours. Well as you can see by the pictures, my brown is way, way too dark and completely blends in with the black. My soap appears just to have black spots – which doesn’t look too flattering.
This was the final week of the 2013 Soap Challenge and I want to thank Amy Warden at Great Cakes Soapworks for creating this challenge and look forward to another soaping challenge in the future. It truly has challenged me to create soaps that I normally would not have done.